Saturday, February 20, 2010

Healthy Habits


It's the weekend and I am cleaning my house!!! Atlanta finally blesses us with nice warm weather today compared to the other frightfully cold days!

And as I took a break from cleaning to check my mail this morning I stumbled on this issue on health...(On yahoo) called Protect Your Heart At Every Age. They break it down according to the different decades of a woman's life span; starting from 20 till 50. And it got me thinking that I should properly start being extra conscious! It freaked me out just a little too because some of the signs at the different ages were very much like some of the signs I have seen in the women of my family. In this fast, technology based world we live in, it is so easy not to see these symptoms and also to be a victim of Heart Disease!

An example from the first decade (20) presented is

In Your 20s

Stub Out a Social Smoking Habit Smoking is enemy number one when it comes to heart disease, and even just a few cigarettes can do damage: New research from McGill University in Montreal found that smoking just one cigarette a day stiffens your arteries by a whopping 25 percent. Plus, smoking erases the hormonal advantage you have from estrogen, which can leave you vulnerable to a heart attack before menopause, explains Dr. Bonow.

Now, you know how you feel good with yourself right of the bat when you know you do not fall in a category! whew! I was delighted! yes! At least I do not smoke...but so many of these young children do??? and I wonder what do they find tasty in that stick? And to make it worse they endanger us folks who do not want to smoke by puffing right in our faces! People, I am not against people who smoke but the habit! Do you but please don't endanger our lives!

The lists of ways to prevent and symptoms of certain activities goes on and is very insightful indeed! Please take the time to read and take note, you may probably prolong your life in the process!

So from today, I am going to try my best to avoid things and activities that would make me more prone to such diseases. In other words I will maintain healthy Habits!

No comments: